Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Yo. No? No; Yo. Who's on first?

Many of us are familiar with the old Abbott and Costello routine, Who's On First.    I had a similar experience in the car a couple of days ago with one of my teens.

As we got in the car to go run a specific errand, they said, "Dad, can we go to do something after we are thru?".    My answer was "Yo".      Response from child:  No?    Response from me:   No, Yo.     You can imagine the exchange from there.

Backdrop:   My maternal grandfather was known for his soundbites:   "Hey, kid", "Kck, Kck", "Ah, rich" (cup of steaming coffee in hand), and "Yo" being some of the better, more repetitive ones.

So, a generation later, I'm trying those out with my kids.         Yo, in 2010 vernacular meaning, sure, yes, absolutely, I'm jiggy with it.    You get the idea.

My grandfather Pope was known for many things.   Another of my earliest memories was a strange white bottle on the counter in his bathroom.    Something called "Old Spice".      In 2010 vernacular, that being YouTube and Twitter, that brand has a whole new meaning for a whole new audience.    Stay tuned on those channels in a few weeks for potentially something fun from your Peeps @okchristian.

Who's on first?   

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort...(2 Cor 1:3)


Yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment